The Pearson Edexcel Professional Diploma in Advanced Teaching is a Level 5 BTEC qualification offered by Pearson Edexcel, UK. The qualification aims to provide continuing professional development for experienced teachers working in a range of settings and sectors, and with different age groups. The course content and the assessment structure enable the learner to acquire self-learning skills, an essential pedagogical skill for teachers. Learners will carry out action research in a subject linked to their teaching. They will develop a greater understanding of teaching and learning pedagogy. Educational psychology will form a basis for all the work learners carry out for this qualification.
Self-reflection and self-evaluation improves the effectiveness of a teacher's professional practice and it could be obtained through professional learning. Since professional learning gained momentum within a few years of its practice, it is important to update one’s knowledge and experience to be an effective teacher. Further, being a life-long learner is an important characteristic of teacher professionalism and it is imperative that you invest on your own education to be an effective teacher.
- Degree with 6 months’ teaching experience
- Professional qualification in teaching with a minimum of one year’s teaching experience
- Learners must be proficient in their level of English
The Units to be Studied
- Unit 1: Educational Psychology to Meet Learner Needs
- Unit 2: Measuring b and Evaluating Learner Performance
- Unit 3: Maintain Professional Practice
- Unit 4: Curriculum Design for Inclusivity
- Unit 5: Evaluating Teaching and Learning Programmes
- Unit 6: Action Research in Teaching
Total Number of Hours
(Classroom and teaching practice; the writing of assessments is included in this figure)