Students of Gateway Graduate School, who successfully gain one of the stated qualifications below may be consider for direct entry into the First year or Second year of the programmes offered by Nottingham University Business School, Malaysia.
Throughout the course you will study core business and economics modules then take additional modules related to finance. With an emphasis on theoretical and applied microeconomics, you will gain the ability to analyse the economic and social environment in which economic decisions faced by managers and businesses are taken. You will also develop an awareness of the business and financial environment and current business issues, and develop an understanding of modern economics ideas and their relevance to business and financial decision making.
Minimum requirement for entry into 1st year at Gateway Graduate School
- If you are armed with 1 pass in the GCE Advanced Level examination with C passes for English Language and Mathematics in the GCE Ordinary Level examination you can apply.
- If you have successfully completed the NCC International Foundation Programme (IFP) you can apply.
- Obtain an average of 60% in IFP, regardless of module combination.
- Meet the mathematic requirement
- Meet the English language requirement
- NCC Level 4 Diploma in Business
- Require to get an average of at least 65% in the Diploma + a pass in internal assessed Financial Management offered in the Level 5 Diploma, subject to exam paper moderation + at least 70% in Business Mathematics or Principles of Quantitative Methods.
Minimum requirement for entry into 2nd Year at University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus:
First Year (NCC Level 4 Diploma in Business)
The first year L4DB consists of core modules in:
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Introduction to Finance
- Principles of Marketing
- Understanding Business Organisations
- Essentials of Management
- Business Mathematics
- Communications for Business
Second Year (University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus)
- Economics of Innovation
- Economics of Pricing and Decision Making
- Quantitative Methods 2A
- Economics of Organisation
- Introductory Econometrics
- Designing and Managing Organisations
- Marketing Strategy
- International Firms
- Managing the Marketing Mix
Third Year (University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus)
- Financial Economics
- Industrial Economics A: Structure, Conduct and Performance
- Business Ethics
- Economics of Regulation
- Industrial Economics B: Games and Strategies
- Human Resource Management 1
- Strategic Management 1
- Human Resource Management 2
- Strategic Management 2