Students of Gateway Graduate School, who successfully gain one of the stated qualifications below may be consider for direct entry into the First year or Second year of the programmes offered by Nottingham University Business School, Malaysia.
Focusing on international business strategy and globalisation, you will study a range of general management subjects, such as accounting, finance, economics, business IT and quantitative methods. A special emphasis is placed on business and management in an international context, including the particular legal, political and cultural conditions affecting business in Asia and European countries.
Minimum requirement for entry into 1st year at Gateway Graduate School
- If you are armed with 1 pass in the GCE Advanced Level examination with C passes for English Language and Mathematics in the GCE Ordinary Level examination you can apply.
- If you have successfully completed the NCC International Foundation Programme (IFP) you can apply.
- Obtain an average of 60% in IFP, regardless of module combination.
- Meet the mathematic requirement
- Meet the English language requirement
- NCC Level 4 Diploma in Business
- Require to get an average of at least 65% in the Diploma + a pass in internal assessed Financial Management offered in the Level 5 Diploma, subject to exam paper moderation + at least 70% in Business Mathematics or Principles of Quantitative Methods.
Minimum requirement for entry into 2nd Year at University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus:
First Year (NCC Level 4 Diploma in Business)
The first year L4DB consists of core modules in:
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Introduction to Finance
- Principles of Marketing
- Understanding Business Organisations
- Essentials of Management
- Business Mathematics
- Communications for Business
After completion of the first year, students will be awarded the NCC Level 4 Diploma in Business.
Second Year (University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus)Modules:
- Asian Economic Development
- Contemporary Economic Policy
- Designing and Managing Organisations
- Financial Management
- International Firms
- Managing in Asia
- Managing the Marketing Mix
- Marketing Strategy
- Organising and Managing in Practice
- Southeast Asia and the Global Economy
Third Year (University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus)Modules:
- Asian Business Environment
- Business Ethics
- European Business Environment
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Strategy
- International Finance
- Strategic Management