The BSc (Hons) in Business Computing and Information Systems, delivered online by NCC Education and validated and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire, has been designed to prepare you for employment in the IT sector. The qualification equips you with a blend of technical IT skills and business expertise that will prepare you for a career in senior management IT roles. The qualification units are designed to provide you with the fundamental skills and knowledge required by employers in the IT sector.
The final year online top-up qualification is a natural progression from either of the International Advanced Diplomas; the Level 5 Diploma in Computing or Level 5 Diploma in Business IT, currently offered by NCC Education as part of the International Degree Journey.
Students are supported by means of tutorials at weekends with high-calibre specialist staff, specially recruited for this purpose, as well as the online support from British lecturers.
- 1 pass in the Advanced Level examination with C passes for English Language and Mathematics in the Ordinary Level examination.
- NCC International Foundation Programme (IFP) at Gateway Graduate School.
- NCC Education Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Computing (L5DC)
- The NCC Education Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Business Information Technology (L5DBIT)
- A local or international qualification which is deemed to be of a similar level to the NCC Education L5DC/L5DBIT qualification. This must be agreed with NCC Education in advance.
First Year (Level 4 Diploma in Computing)Core Modules:
- Skills for Computing
- Computer Networks
- Computer Systems
- Designing and Developing a Website
- Designing and Developing Object-Oriented Computer Programs
- Software Development Techniques
- Office Solutions Development
Second Year (Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Computing)Core Modules:
- Professional Issues in IT
- Network Security and Cryptography
- Information Systems Analysis
- Dynamic Websites
- Analysis, Design and Implementation
- Database Design and Development
- Agile Development
- Computing Project
Third Year (Level 6 - Bachelor degree)Core Modules:
- Advanced Database Management Systems
- Corporate Communication Systems Management
- Managing Information Systems Projects
- Information Systems Project
The qualification is made up of eight 15-credit units, each of which requires 150 hours of study.
Units comprise of weekly video lectures, tutorial exercises, a discussion forum and live chat sessions with the UK based lecturers. You will have the opportunity to interact with other students from around the world and with subject experts through discussion forums.
When taken full-time, the qualification is delivered in two 16-week semesters (13 teaching weeks). Four units are studied in each semester.
Part-time students study two units per semester over four semesters.
Each 15-credit unit is assessed by a mid-semester assignment, an end-of-semester examination and discussion forum contributions, with the exception of Business Research Methods which is assessed by an end-of-semester examination and series of tutorial exercises.
The BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems will be awarded when you have successfully passed all units. The degree will be classified into one of the following honours categories:
- Upper Second
- Lower Second
A unit is passed when an overall unit mark of 40% or more is attained. If you need to resit an assessment this must be done within a twelve month period.
The BSc (Hons) in Business Computing and Information Systems is a final year top-up qualification validated and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire. The first and second year of the degree journey are awarded by NCC Education.