The Pearson Edexcel Professional Diploma in Teaching is a Level 4 BTEC qualification offered by Pearson Edexcel, UK. The objective of this course is to enhance the pedagogical skills of school teachers, keeping up with the latest academic and practical developments in the education industry. It is an internationally recognized qualification, ideally suited for those who are passionate to excel in teaching at private and international schools.
Pearson Edexcel is one of the leading examining and awarding bodies in the UK and throughout the World, providing a wide range of academic, vocational and occupational qualifications. The courses are exclusively delivered by the Gateway Graduate School, while the qualification is awarded by Pearson Edexcel, UK.The Pearson Edexcel Teacher Training programs have proven their success with more than 15 intakes in Gateway Graduate School campuses in Colombo and Kandy within the last 3 years.
- GCE Advanced Level examination and credit passes for English Language and Mathematics in the GCE Ordinary Level examination OR substantial experience in teaching.
- International Foundation Programme offered at Gateway Graduate School
The Units to be Studied
The Diploma could be completed as per the below stages, with Pearson Edexcel, recognizing and awarding each stage as an individual course,
- Pearson Edexcel Professional Certificate in Teaching
- Pearson Edexcel Professional Diploma in Teaching
- Pearson Edexcel Professional Award in Soft Skills for Teachers
Pearson Edexcel Professional Award in Soft Skills for Teachers
This 100 hour course provides the learner with an understanding of the ‘Soft Skills’ required to support teaching. ‘Soft Skills’ characterizes a set of personal skills that can be helpful in the teaching and learning environment that help learners to develop an understanding of empathy and its applicability to the teaching environment. It focuses on understanding the professional role of the teacher and the importance of ethical behaviour in promoting the well-being of the student.
This course could be conducted at your own school.
Pearson Edexcel Professional Certificate in Teaching
This qualification consists of 2 units of 160 hours and the practical unit of 150 hours. Practical teaching can be carried out at your school, with our assessors visiting your school for lesson observations.
- Unit 1 Soft Skills for Teachers – Will be completed with the Pearson Edexcel Professional Award.
- Unit 2 Principles of Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3 Delivering Practical Teaching and Learning
Pearson Edexcel Professional Diploma in Teaching
The course is delivered over a period of 1 year, on Saturdays from 9.00 am – 4.00 pm at the Gateway Graduate School, Bambalapitiya and Kandy.
- Unit 1 - Soft Skills for Teachers – Will be completed with the Pearson Edexcel Professional Award.
- Unit 2 - Principles of Teaching and Learning – Will be completed with the Pearson Edexcel Professional Certificate.
- Unit 3 - Delivering Practical Teaching and Learning– Will be completed with the Pearson Edexcel Professional Certificate.
- Unit 4 - Developing Assessment Practice
- Unit 5 - Developing Creative Approaches to Teaching and Learning
- Unit 6 - Developing Resources to Support Teaching and Learning
- Unit 7 - Using ICT to Support Teaching and Learning
- Unit 8 - Promoting Independent Learning
Total Number of Hours
(Classroom teaching practice and writing of assessments are included in this figure)