The International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (IFDHES) is a pre-university qualification, including a significant degree of English language teaching. On completion of this course, applicants are well suited to follow Computing, Business, Engineering and Education degrees at Gateway Graduate School, or alternatively to follow a course overseas.
The IFDHES aims to improve your general and academic English language ability, enhance your study skills and cultural understanding and introduce you to academic study in English in the fields of computing and/or business at a suitable level.
- Successfully completed secondary education in an appropriate range of subjects (C passes for English Language and Mathematics in the Ordinary Level)
To complete the qualification you must study and pass eight units.
The qualification consists of the following six core units:
- Developing English Language Skills
- Advanced English Language Skills
- English for Academic Purposes
- Study and Communication Skills
- Culture Studies
- Foundation Mathematics
- Introduction to Computing
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Accounting and Economics
- Further Mathematics
- BSc (Hons) in Business Computing and Information Systems
- BA (Hons) in Business Administration
- BSc (Hons) in Business Economics & Management
- BSc (Hons) in International Business Management
- BSc (Hons) in Management Studies
- Pearson Edexcel Professional Diploma in Teaching